The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I really like this picture

http://bjws.blogspot.com/2011/10/evolution-of-american-artist-teacher.html

How do I put a picture on my blog and not violate copyright law? I want to send readers to the site where the picture is located as I don't want to reprint all the details. Also, I don't want to really use the art, just reference it.

It is a painting by David McCosh, titled, "Highway in Oregon," he also drew some pictures of grain elevators. I find that a worthwhile endeavor.

Google Search for the picture

I can steal the image very easily. I would do that very thing with a link to the site I borrowed it from but I don't want to run afoul of the copy police. I think that would be "fair use" as I am not claiming it or using it for gain or background wall paper, but rather using it as a link to more information about the picture.

I would enjoy it on my wall. I wonder if there has been a "paint-by-numbers" kit made of this picture?

Upon further search I found this link to the whole collection of David McCosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!