The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Saturday, December 5, 2009

It is white out!

No snow, just a heavy frost. We have been checking antifreeze, I hope we got them all.
I just realized that I did not pick up the windfalls of hard red apples. The old apple trees in the fence rows are for cider. I was going to make cider! I got all distracted by grinding feed and employee relations and cleaning and other stuff and forgot the cider plan.
It is 24 degrees outside, I think the cider apple plan is over for this year.
The song of the lazy farmer....
Although the Lazy Farmer would have gotten his wife to do it! If my memory serves me correct "his Mirandy" got a lot of the farm chores done. He was a clever one!
I'm going to have to make a trip to Portland or somewhere that has big old used bookstores and look for Old Farm Journals and Country Gentlemen. I need some more Lazy Farmer cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!