The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Stanley The Wonder Dog!

This is Stanley. Stanley is half Great Dane and Half Australian Shepherd. He weighs 105lbs. He is a very friendly dog.
He is not brave.

Tonight the Dogs were going nuts. There was much barking and going on. One would have thought the place was being invaded. I went outside. There was an incredible frog chorus. The peepers were peeping like mad.
I did not see a burglar, perhaps it was a cat burglar. That would explain the dog consternation.
I walked around the house. The dogs were at the other house, still barking.
Stanley spied movement at our house. With a ferocious woof he charged across the machinery lot. I hid behind a shrub. When he was with in a few feet I jumped from behind the bush and said, "Woof! Grrrr! Woof! Woof!" Quite loudly.
Stanley gave a startled "yip!" and turned tail for the other house as fast as he could run.
I nearly fell over I was laughing so hard.
He stopped and came back. He seemed pretty happy to see it was me and not some ferocious stray dog with a really bad doggie accent.
Of course he is just about always happy.
He is a simple dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!