The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I am a moron

I am always broke, but sometimes more than others. Now is one of those really broke points. I'll tell you what I did.
I have a Loupe drill monitor. I have a 15ft drill on 7.5" spacing. I have the monitor set up on every third row as I couldn't afford more row sensors at the time. This winter I ordered four more sensors to add to the ends of the drill boxes as that is where the seed runs out first. They made me up a new drill sensor harness for $150 plus shipping/reprogrammed my monitor (free) and I bought the four sensors. Before I sent the monitor in they emailed me a wiring diagram. I took it to the drill and made sure it was all correct. I measured and checked and I thought it was fine.
I get the harness and go to install it. It is no where near wide enough and the sensor wires are too close together. I knew right away what I did. It is so stupid...
I looked at the wiring diagram.
It said 7.5" between sensors. Well, yeah the drill is 7.5" but the sensors are 15" apart!
So, do I spend another $150 for a wiring harness? I think I could make it myself...
I have the old harness, it is the right width. It is made up of three wires. Each sensor has three wires that are soldered into the main harness. It has a plastic cover that is a standard autoparts store item. The connectors are just weatherpac fittings, but I have all the connectors. I just need to unsolder them from the new harness and resolder them to the old harness. There are only four new sensors. I was having some problems with the old harness but if I take it all apart I probably can find if there is a break or a cold solder joint or obvious problem.
I don't even want to call the company. They will know I am an idiot.
It is still raining but I can hear the frogs singing.
Dadburn Global Climate Change!
Then I find out the fellow working on my pickup forgot to do a leak-down test on the heads. Have to have the heads worked on. He has an excuse, I think he is dying of Pancreatic cancer but won't tell anyone.
I wanted to go with my brother tomorrow. He is hauling a load of grain from Spokane and we were going to go to the big ag show up there. I think I will just stay home and be unhappy. My wife even told me I should go.
I have to get the drill and tractor out of the shop! I spent all day trying to attach the turbo-charger. Eight stinking bolts! All were stripped...Grrrrrrr! I have three operator manuals. Can't find them. Don't know what I did with them. They are not on the bookshelf where they go. Need to set the toe-in on the front wheel drive. Replaced a tie rod end. $350 for a hunk of metal-stamped "made in China."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!