The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, December 13, 2010

More Narnia and The tree that Jesus planted is cut down by vandals

Yes the tree that Jesus planted as a lad in England has been cut down by someone other than Oliver Cromwell.  Click here
They say it was vandalism but I say the local atheist club was probably upset because someone used the term, "there are no atheist in Foxholes." (That should get the keywords atheist search engines a humming")

Here is a link sent by a loyal follower that should also upset the atheists and the clever folks.
Just the very word Narnia gets their knickers in a knot it would seem from viewing various interenet comments.

We are living at the end of an era and I doubt very much the New World Order is really going to be all that great...

And now we sing Jerusalem:

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England’s mountains green?
And was the Holy Lamb of God
On England’s pleasant pastures seen?
And did the countenance divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England’s green and pleasant land.



(A little William Blake for you this evening)

4 comments:

  1. Destroying the symbols of faith of those who have different beliefs than your own is an outrage. Even when you don't accept those symbols as spiritually (or actually) valid, it is, nonetheless, a hate-crime of sorts. When you stomp on something precious to others, you stomp on a part of their souls. The kind of person who receives malicious enjoyment in these activities is a blight on humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is a hate crime! Probably will not be prosecuted as such. The descendants of Harold and Alberta have taken over the world and it is not a better place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw that, my first thought was juveniles, vandals. My second was maybe, just maybe, a millenium old revenge for the Christian missionaries that swept over Celtic
    Europe cutting down the sacred oaks of the Druids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. BB, thanks for commenting.
    I could see Druids being perhaps justified, but I suspect just plain old morons.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!