The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hippies on OPB

We tuned into OPB to watch Antique Roadshow and instead it is pledge week. OPB apparently has declared it hippie Sunday with should play well with your typical OPB subscriber. Yeah, I really care about Peter Paul and Mary. It must have been painful to live in the "Summer of Love," if you were one of the five people in the USA who didn't have their head stuck up their ass.
My goodness, Richie Havens... And Mary is on TV in an interview from 1986 repeating back commie propaganda. Looking a lot like Ursula from the Little Mermaid. Of course then all these people bred with each other and produced progressives which gave us our current revisionist view of history.
And they will give me a CD of all the white liberal campfire songs if I just send money to OPB! Great, perhaps we can keep sophomoric arguments going for ever.
Look, so they wrote the candle song because bad things were happening in South America. I don't mind a debate on the virtues of US foreign policy. That is a joke-fest in itself. Fine, you don't want to go to war, you can protest it. This is the USA.
BUT, just because you disagree with USA policy or dictatorships in South America, it doesn't mean that the other side is right. Marxist "freedom" fighters have killed millions of innocent people. It may not have been a good idea to go into Vietnam but didn't purposely losing the war the way we did lead to the deaths of millions more Vietnamese. Think of Pol Pot.
Just because I think spending trillions on similar unwinnable war in Afghanistan is a bad idea that didn't work for the British or the Russians means that I support Islamic terrorists.
I am so glad my lovely wife changed the channel to the European Art History channel.
Peace and Love man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!