The Useful Duck!

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Life Work and Balance is BS when you got stuff to do...

  

It is 8 a.m. and I am sitting in my chair trying to come up with a plan for today. I cut hay yesterday. I walked three miles and make five trips up and down the hill behind the house. 

I can't be gone for most of September. It is insane...

Looking at the old crap we farm with is depressing. When I was my nephew's age in 1987 we were stilling farming with UniCombines and a Minneapolis-Moline M670 and G706. We still have the the tractors and the combines we have now are older than the Uni's were back in 1989.

I gotta get on it. Have feed to sell. More hay to cut. A PTO to rebuild. Straw to rake. Baler to hook up. Ground to work. Timothy to plant.  Sitting in my chair starting at blogs is not going to get the work done..


Nephew is an over achiever. He went from crane truck (RIP crane) to 20ft flatbed with hoist in like two weeks. This is the first load of hay being hauled with his truck. Our farm is the last stop in life for Ford Louisville trucks.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!