The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, January 9, 2012

Will someone drag me out of my chair?

I took my daughter to school this morning. She likes to get there early to help in the library. I braved the young mothers parking in the fire lane confusion.
I came back home, had a cup of coffee and I was going to go to work.
I went out and got the extension ladder to work on the broken motion sensor light that my wife has tried to get me to fix for six months. But, my boots were on the porch and they were cold inside so I brought them in an put on the heat register.
I also discovered that the glue on the turntable base has not dried so I brought that in as well. It looks pretty rough. I am not a carpenter.
Then I sat down in my chair.
The fellow who is helping me prop up the shop sent me a text that he hurt his back.
Have not seen my helper.
I have not heard the front door slam at my bother's house so I don't think he is outside looking for me.
I'm having just a bit more coffee, but I have work to do!
I bet Orin is out working, probably Mr. Goff is as well, I know Ed Winkle is working. I suspect collieguy is just "fiddling around."  MuddyValley is probably barbecuing coffee beans, Gorge has a real job, Pumice and Msladyd are working, and I suspect Mr. G706 is in the loo.
I guess we don't call it the LazyFarmer blog for nothing...
If I could just get paid for doing this!

7 comments:

  1. Working,,, ha!. Budde, I have become pretty good at giving the appearance of working while actually not doing much of anything productive. Truth be told I mostly put in time through the winter months and make most of my fortune through the crop growing season from April to October. I keep a few cattle around to feed just so the neighbours don't think I am hibernating the winter away. Really it is so warm here today that I am beginning to feel guilty wasting time reading blog posts on the computer indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, actually I spent the morning building a really heavy shooting bench.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry...I've been having motivational issues this winter too. I think I was on an early coffee break at 9:30 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry...I've been having motivational issues this winter too. I think I was on an early coffee break at 9:30 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ralph, I have been enjoying your historical blog. I suppose we need a few cows to chase in the winter. It is one of those things farmers should o.

    Orin, I hope you are taking good care of my combine!

    Muddy, I'm sending B over to help you build fence. As soon as he gets here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Budde: That will be a cold day in .........
    Orin: The coffee is getting to you.
    Orin: The coffee is getting to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really need to get out, make some money and pay some taxes. Remember that those of us that are lined up at the public trough are depending on you. Perhaps the government could install a motion sensor to see if you sit down when it is not your turn. Perhaps we could have a special tax on chair usage.

    Maybe I need to get to work, but I just got home.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!