The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

When I grow up I want to work for the Schultze Toy Company

Sergeant Schultz is my favorite character in Hogan's Hero's. Today I discovered he was the owner of the Schultze Toy company.
Then I looked him up and discovered his family was killed by Nazi's in Austria. And that he died something like one year after moving back home.
Which means I can't go to work for his toy factory because it never existed. This whole reality vs fantasy thing sometimes really confuses me...
Which also brings up my inability to make decisions. I've been attempting to buy a slide scanner to convert some old negatives we found in the basement.
I spent hours looking looking them up on Amazon last night and was unable to decide on any single model for under $100. That is because they are all crap...
Have a nice day...

5 comments:

  1. IRIS makes one, but after using their program to scan documents and make them "editable text," I'd be leery of anything they make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I have read about storing digital media we might be better off just saving the slides. I do have my HP model 1080 scanner that does a decent job of scanning slides and negatives into pictures that can be printed. Works well except its a little small for the big old 620 size film negatives. I get by though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about a cheap one so that I can post images off of negatives onto the internet. G706 posted some on NAT that were scanned off old BW photos.

    http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=281435&mid=2177598#M2177598

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well how did I miss that? Very interesting photos. I sometimes forget that we inhabit other dimensions besides blogger. You may have seen my comments on agtalk as Rusty6 . As usual , often talking about old rusty machinery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have prints, I can scan them for you. I have an old Microtek legal size scanner that works very well. I've never used it for negatives. What I need is a scanner that will do slides at a reasonable speed. It would be nice to have some way to transpose the 100's 8mm family films I am removing from the family estate and am having a hard time disposing of.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!