I am leaving for an epic adventure Monday.
Yesterday I got another detailed group email from my friend filled with helpful instructions on bus routes and antifungal cream suggestions. Ironically, I was about to reply to a previous group message by noting I had been successful in his request for Amish anti-hemorrhoid cream as a joke, but now I think it would be considered helpful advice. I may just have to bring a small pot. (In a TSA safe amount, of course)
In reality I should have agreed to the trip a year ago and spent the winter researching fun options instead of ignoring it until the last minute and then becoming beset with self-doubt and thinking how Rick Steves would be so disappointed in me and agreeing to go at the last minute...
This is not my thing.
Then... In a moment of frustration I asked CoPilot AI if there were scooter rentals to I wouldn't have to walk the whole freaking way to Venice.
So I am going to one of the TOP motorcycle riding spots in the world and guess what? I am ducking walking.
I swear this is the story of my life. I almost win the lottery but through some sideways luck I don't quite pull it off.
My wife says it would be incredibly rude to ditch my fellow hikers and join a motorcycle tour. I could actually test drive a new BMW dual sport in the Mountains! It also would cost me quite a bit of money that I do not have at this point in the year. (and won't have if I don't make about ten ton of feed in the next two days, in the rain, which I can't do, so no I can't afford to drop four grand on a motorcycle tour)
If I could think clearly I may be able to do it still. However my lack of thought clarity makes it hard. I don't have time to enlist daughter or nephew, and wife won't help me think on this issue. Maybe I could make a list. I never thought the final stages of turning into a bug would be this difficult.
Now I must go move stuff around in the rain and clean up messes made this summer.
My Weed and Feed customer whose name I thought was Radiant Pony until she Venmoed me yesterday, and who used to be head of grounds at Linfield College, has been telling me to put my tools away. I told her I would gift her the rest of the pallet if she would organize my shop and put my tools away. She took one look and left, laughing... I feel this might be a meaningful of my near total organizational collapse...
See my discussion with CoPilot below...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think