The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Things to do in the winter

I am thinking of switching my obsession from Dynaco tube amplifiers and the Rec-o-kut turntable to solar energy.
I found this site showing how to build your own solar power from damaged solar cells bought in bulk off of ebay.
Anything to keep me from doing real work.
Yesterday I installed two motion sensing lights on the house.
They didn't work...
Today I am going to make more pig feed. My customer is really running through the feed. He thinks it is the consistency of the feed. It is ground finer so it goes though the slats in the feeder faster.
I suspect the pigs are getting bigger and eating more in the cold wet weather. Or I didn't get the feed value up high enough and it is taking more feed for them to grow. However, the material is quite dense which generally means there is more grain in the mix. The low protein stuff is annual ryegrass screenings which has no weight to it.
I am not so good at doing calculations using pearson's square.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen that site & considered it as well. Shall we buy in quantity? They sell un-damaged cells as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was not an Ohioan and my family had not owned a farm in Virginia, I wouldn't know what to think about some of your posts. :-)

    The solar project sounds like a good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muddy, the damaged ones are cheaper! We could hang out and listen to the Ledge and solder solar cells! Perhaps Scooter boy would come over and tell stories.

    Msladydeborah, I do lack focus at times and tend to jump around with my interests don't I? There is probably a medicine that would help that. When my mother died I figured I was depressed as it was and I would probably get worse so I called a couple therapists. Of course since this is Oregon and everybody depressed due to the rain all winter they sort of laughed at me. They kept asking me if I had thoughts about suicide. When I said, well not tell you mentioned it, no one laughed.
    Anyway, I did in fact get more depressed but I decided therapists were a waste of money so instead I obsess about things like books, or legos, or records or old stereos or no-till planting. And I take lots of vitamin D.
    Hmm, I got sort of off subject on that one didn't I.
    Where was I going with that topic...
    Oh well, thanks for the comment, I'm happy you find it all amusing! That is in fact the point!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!