The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, January 26, 2012

New stereo in the shop

I was "gifted" a huge pile of reel to reel tapes and two Sony reel to reels.
Lots of classical music, a little easy listening from the early 1970's. Not exactly HiFi.
I guess I just didn't realize you could stuff 120 minutes of muddy sounding bland music on a reel to reel. I had a two-track from a radio station that used the whole tape and was fairly high speed. It sounded very good.
This makes good music for me to listen to whilst miss-measuring boards I am cutting for a pallet scales I am making.
Actually I gave the nice person some cash to take her kids sledding. And I saved her a trip to GoodWill.
Today I am going to dig out the reel of old Country and Western hits from 1971 which I found at a GoodWill in Eugene some 15 years ago.  120 Minutes of Conway Twitty should put me in fine form.

5 comments:

  1. They always called him Conway Twitter around here. I don't think that is how they named the social page, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, pretty old technology there Budde. I've got cases of 8 track and cassette tapes, some home recorded. It still sounds as good as the day it was recorded, which is not saying much really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bose 802's in the shop? Nice touch. What kind of power amp you running into them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed, It can get a little old...

    Ralph, It passes the time but I don't have a lot of music I like. I am going to try and sell it. The old 8-tracks and cassettes are easier to use. Reel to reels are way to complicated. I wonder if there is a sound effect for the channel change that you can put into your MP3 recordings?

    Collieguy, 802's are beyond my scrounging ability. My speakers are just little Bose self-powered speakers. They sound better than most of the tapes I have.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!