The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

More idiotic regulations

SO I got this confusing letter from the Oregon Department of Transportation. I need to have a physical, (yes I knew that) but now I have to send proof of it to ODOT and there is a different physical to drive across state lines and it is my responsibility to send in the paper work and if I don't I will loose my CDL.
Or at least I think that is how it works. I really don't quite understand it. Since I don't really need a Commercial Drivers License and I could have the less expensive Farm Endorsement I'm not sure I care but fees are involved and I could end up without a driver's license at all and I still have to have a medical card for my Farm Endorsement.
Of course this is all completely stupid. First of all, I doubt lives have been saved by making drivers have a medical card. It is a pretty simple physical. They basically make sure your are alive.
AND most importantly you already have to have a card showing you have had your physical or you will get a huge fine and I have heard you must show that card if stopped by the police regardless of whether you are driving a Commercial Vehicle or your car. I don't know this for certain. The last time I got stopped for having a tail light burned out I was told I had better get my medical card or I could get in trouble.
I know I am going to screw up sending that card in and loose my license and forget about the whole thing and then get hauled off to jail for driving illegally.
More and more annoying regulations.
No wonder the economy is in the toilet.
I wonder if it would be better just to immigrate to China? At least then you know where you stand!

3 comments:

  1. ONce again we are being gradually legislated to death. They could address the road safety issue by enforcing cell phone use by drivers and that would have a lot more effect on how many "accidents happen on the road these days.
    This is just more jumping through the hoops to leave a paper trail for when the lawyers get involved I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But won't you feel safer next time you're passing a semi on I-5, knowing that the driver not only is carrying a medical card (because he has to be able to present it whenever checked at a scale or otherwise), but has also sent a copy to the state? And that he has shown proof of birth....nevermind that under the current system he could have fairly easily ordered someone else's birth certificate and turned it in.

    Total bullcrap. You've said it best: we're governed by morons. And sad to say, but I think the morons ARE representative of the masses.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!