The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I am writing a letter to Al Gore!

I am now whole heartedly opposed to Global Warming and I am planning on writing a letter to Al Gore to tell him to stop it!
It is pouring down rain outside. Not only pouring but the rain is kind of horizontal and our window leaks.
I want snow.  The weather service promised us snow. The whole upper west coast of the USA is snowed in. Seattle is shut down. Do we get snow? No!
I have no where to be. My brother is not driving truck this week. We have a quarter of a beef in the freezer and a couple generators. I'd be happy if we were snowed in for a week. It would help hay sales and sled sales and hot coffee sales and tow truck drivers. So why not?
If "they" can make a hurricane wipe out New Orleans and a Tidal Wave hit Japan then where do I send my appeal for a blizzard in Oregon. Do I write to "Secret Government Organization in Charge of Global Weather Manipulation/CO HAARP Project," or just shove it under the door at the local Masonic Temple? Why does Jeff Rense never address such practical applications of huge global conspiracies?
It's for the Children...

5 comments:

  1. I would contact the Scientologists if I were you.
    There is an abundance of them in their "training camp" just south of here on hwy 18.
    I understand that they, (for suitable and continuing) donations, will solve all of your problems. It is no coincidence that McMinnville is well known for the most "authentic" photo of a UFO taken so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting. Most people want the snow to stay away. We have none on the ground and the past couple of snow showers that we have had only put an inch maybe two on the ground.

    We have had a string of days when the temps are hovering around 50 degrees. That's unusual in the O-State, but I am not complaining.

    There's a series of storms on the Pacific Coast that are blowing in this week. Snow, high winds and who knows what else in the mix. Don't give up. Snow may be in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muddy, They are closer to you than to I...

    msladydeborah, It is all about controlled access. I want a lot of snow, really fast, and then I want it to go away. In our part of Oregon snow means a vacation because it is almost always accompanied by Freezing Rain. A fluffy coating of wet snow over a sheet of ice basically means you can't leave your house. And since we now get one commercial channel on our digital TV when we got cold from sledding we could sit around drinking hot chocolate and watching the folks in Portland crash into each other. This is always a popular feature on the TV news when it snows.
    Good Times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow is a fact of life here. I'm too old to enjoy playing in it anymore and a little shoveling goes a long way. I wouldn't complain too much though if I didn't have to enjoy these -40 wind chill factors of the past few days. Thats a combination of -25F and enough wind to freeze your face in minutes. Heading out to start a diesel tractor this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all this global warming is a terrorist plot, but King Barrack and Prince Al will save us!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!