The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our Dear Leader Sings Al Green?

I was sitting around listening to Al Green and I discovered Our Dear Leader had used an Al Green song at a fundraiser. I queried my wife and she laughed at me. She said she didn't want to burst my bubble.
I've had a suspicion that being a middle aged white guy who likes Al Green is akin to a white college kid who likes Bob Marley only without the Chronic. I hope it has nothing in common with middle class white kids listening to rap.
I suppose this pretty much fits my understanding of Our Dear Leader being only slightly less Black than Bill Clinton.
I did see a pretty funny interview on OPB with David Stockman where he pointed out the ironic humor of an Alinsky inspired community organizer appointing the guy who nearly ruined GE and the Jobs Czar.
Check out this article, of course since Livingston once worked for Reagan he is a fraud and the hilarious quote at the end about GOP regressing into the extremist right. Funny because some of us think the GOP has completely sold out and should be just a tad more on the conservative side.
Speaking of irony, I am now watching a OPB story about a Korean War Vet who was tortured by his captors. Kind of changes your perspective now that Our Dear Leader has embraced change by basically accepting and normalizing the torture program set up by those evil neo-cons. Not to mention the loss of free speech and the right of Habeas Corpus which was pretty much a bipartison effort.
But, I digress...
I really hope the Reverend is not shilling for Mr. Hope and Change but I suppose the amazing conversion of Al Green is mythology anyway.
I really prefer George Clinton but I don't think he is going to give me a lift to the mother ship as I am not Black nor do I actually own any Parliament of Funk Albums.

2 comments:

  1. "I've had a suspicion that being a middle aged white guy who likes Al Green is akin to a white college kid who likes Bob Marley only without the Chronic. I hope it has nothing in common with middle class white kids listening to rap."

    Oh, crum. So what's that say about thirty-something white middle-class farmers who like Al Green, Bob Marley, AND old skool rap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orin, when you put it with liking old school country western music it means you are either fairly open minded or just plan schizophrenic... Don't feel bad, I have two Bunny Wailer albums, Yellowman, and Jimmy Cliff, as well as a Desmond Dekker album I bought in England years ago. I go to England and come home with a Desmond Dekker EP? That is just weird.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!