The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to my regular life

The Holidays are over. That magical time that starts just before Christmas and ends January 1st has past. It is the only time of year I don't think about work or plans for the future. I enjoy the Christmas tree and getting and giving presents.
This year we had good dinners and good family events. Daughter and I spent a lot of time watching Hogans Hero's. I was able to obsess about something unrelated to farming or finances.
New Years Eve the kids went to one house to play the Wii and my brother and his wife came over and we played "Scattergories," and listened to records and watch a movie about people in Wales and a guy who went up a hill and came down a mountain. Then we set off some very old fireworks which made the kids pretty happy.
Today it is back to work.
I'm having a hard time getting started.

5 comments:

  1. May the mud that ensnares and expensive parts that break spare you their little games...

    ReplyDelete
  2. People tend to forget that there is a time when we all should be able to just enjoy living life for a short span of time. It sounds like you and your family had a good time.

    I just finished playing Wii for about an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea writer of the Daily Strumpet, er Lazy Farmer, your description of yourself in your blog title reveals it all. Seriously I am not getting done what I should, now I have delayed enough I need to do 8 days work in 5 days. Welcome to the club... Oh that's right, you started it and you are president.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny...The last 2 months of the year are the most stressful for me...Christmas tree season, the cleanup, then the week of the three B's (billing, bean-counting, and budgeting) before going to the bank to see if we can farm another year! By the time January gets here, I just lock myself in the shop with all the decrepit iron and feel happy to down thermos after thermos of coffee while inhaling solvent and brakleen fumes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. collieguy-If you would set that to music we could sing that instead of Auld Lang Syne at New Years.

    msladyd-I wonder if I could claim playing the Wii as job training. As in learning to follow the glowing lights and little wandering tractor on the GPS screen.

    Ed-Yes-welcome to the club. I must go back to work, I must! I'm not married to Miarandy!

    Orin-Since I have hints of planting jobs in Feb I need to get everything done in Jan. I'm not off to a good start... I need a government job!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!