The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Incredible Stupidity of People who Comment on News Stories is Amazing

I think the general public is just another term for "Collective Stupidity," but that is just my opinion. I was so amazed at the idiocy of the comments on this story that I forgot the point why I wanted the information contained in the story to begin with.
It also illustrates why you can't believe conspiracy theories in general.
Click here to read about food prices and please read the comments below the story.
Food prices have to go up because fuel and fertilizer prices are going up. The projected $5 per gallon gasoline will have a cascading effect as fuel is used in every aspect of food production and distribution.
Of course some folks are making a lot of money off of increased fuel and fertilizer prices but I don't think it is the American farmers.
For example there are a lot of huge farms in Mexico that are foreign owned and the Mexican farmers are in the US working for the same company that put them out of business.
There has a been huge Democrat and Republican bipartisan effort to screw the individual and it is hard to put the blame on just one person or party.
(Of course these high energy costs are going to benefit the green energy scammers and of course we all need to hate the internal combustion engine so we should be happy!)

2 comments:

  1. I've tried to stay away from those type pages where "consumers" rant against the great Satan, Monsanto, or whatever other chemical company is in the news that day. The degree of misinformation on chemicals and gmo crops is just staggering. I have occasionally made an effort to enlighten them with the farmer's side of it but its like beating your head against a wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ralph, sorry I have not been commenting on other people's blogs. I've been searching ebay for parts to make a small sprayer to pull behind the 4-wheeler and a pump to meter molasses.
      I agree with you. I do really dislike Monsanto and have reservations about GMO but I think that skepticism should be applied to everything including this blog.
      There are people who just repeat there programming over and over again as a debate technique. Very annoying.

      Delete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!