The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, February 27, 2012

Employee relations Part IV

Today is a beautiful day. It is a little chilly but the sun is out and there is stuff to do! I am blogging on my GPS tabelt computer while waiting for a fellow to come for some chicken feed. I have other stuff to do but I have an employee joke.
I got a text this morning from him which is funny,
"I have an appointment at 9 and a couple of quick errands to run right after that and then i will be in."
Now it is funny because this is the only nice day all week according to the US weather service and he has been gone during all the rain storms last week.
Obviously half the joke is on me as I put up with it but it is amazing how people will take advantage of you if you let them. AND when I point out the folly of screwing around on the only nice day of the week he will have a really good rationalization that will make me out to be unreasonable and no connection will be made between that action and the fact that he will be pressure washing equipment, digging ditches, drilling holes in thick steel instead of working on one project in front of a heater. And why he will never get a pay raise...
People never make the connections...

1 comment:

  1. He is probably at home surfing the internet and wondering why he is so under-appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!