The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A blurry photo showing what I did today

I screwed around a lot. I was attempting to get internet radio in the shop so I could listen to Soma FM, music for saddle weary drunkards, off the country section of iTunes radio. I do not understand wireless networking, bridge mode and wireless distribution networks, but if I did I could listen to offensive music in the shop. Other than 40 year old tapes on a reel to reel. I do have my MP3 player hooked to through the reel to reel but for some reason when I have it set to play random it mostly plays Travis Chandler, State of Depression, and Jimmy Hendrix tunes. It puts me a little on edge...
My brother and I pulled the MM G1355 into the shop and dropped the pan. I am trying to figure out why she started knocking a few years ago whilst chopping silage on Sunday when i should have been in Church.
I have never had a chance to work on it as I have been alone in the shop for the last few winters. My brother is the mechanic of the family has been driving truck. I mostly fill the role of depressed alcoholic "artistic" type, lazy sluggard and my employee mostly stays home and sits on the couch in the winter.
I actually found a new employee but am daunted by the task of hiring someone.
Anyway, I have not found out exactly why it started knocking although copper is visible in several of the bearings. Next I am going to pull the heads. Have been trying to figure out how to get the injector's out. No one seems to have the special tool. I think my brother found one on Amazon. I hope he used my link! That will be a $8 kick back!
I have no idea how to put this back together. I suppose that is why ITT wrote a shop manual for it.
Here is the photo, did I ever mention how much I need a new phone?

4 comments:

  1. Put it back together? Heck, that's wht there's mechanics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorges, it is just like a big ole jigsaw puzzle...

      Delete
  2. No wonder I am confused. You have a phone that gives fuzzy pictures. Do you have a camera that plays fuzzy music? This is probably and extension of your dislike for Peter, Paul and Mary.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a brain that produces fuzzy logic. I forgot to shave for two days and now have a somewhat fuzzy face and my memory is hazy. However I have found that many more people like PP&M than like The Legendary Stardust Cowboy so perhaps I am just a little fuzzy in general...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!