The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A day in the life...

Today my brother and I took engine parts from the MM G1355 in to be checked by a machine shop. I got the feeling it was going to be expensive.
We went to lunch with a long time friend of mine who convinced me to keep updating the blog.
Then we went further down the road to pick up a radiator for the MM model Z feed grinding tractor. We stopped to see our aunt and uncle who are almost 93 years of age.
They are really downright decent people. Incredibly polite and dignified but funny and down to earth. I have a huge amount of respect for them.
For valentines day I bought flowers for my wife (roses) and daughter (a bunch of purple flowers which I can't identify) and I gave my wife some clever plastic sawhorses my brother got for me (well actually her) at the local farm store after she admired the ones he bought for himself and a nice card. I hate buying cards. I usually make my own using scrap printer paper, sharpies, and the occasional crayon. However, I splurged this year and bought a $5 cards for wife and daughter. Got daughter the brightest purple guitar strap I could find. She seemed happy. Wife was bemused and made me a very nice coffee cake.

6 comments:

  1. If you got coffee-cake, you done GOOD, brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also bought the required "mushy" $5.00 card and was rewarded with banana cake!
    Yes, you have been lax with the blog lately. Some of us miss reading your musings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm not sure what kind of a commentary it is on my own life when the high point of my day is seeing that there is a new update on the "lazy farmer" blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Ralph on that. I need a life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it's Ralph, Bobby & I as well. I just checked your blog again. I'm starting to get depressed. I need to know what went wrong today over there, so I can ignore the things I have to fix around here, that don't either cost as much, or might determine if I eat next month or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been actually busy and preoccupied and had nothing to say that I could say and so I said nothing. But I shall strive to do better.

      Delete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!