The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The last day of sun

The weather is about to change.
That is what the TV guy says.
Accuweather agrees.
I have 20 acres of cover crop to plant at the dairy. (Planting Oats and peas on the corn ground there.)
I have ten acres of timothy to plant. (a little worried it is too late)
I have ten acres of vetch to plant but I don't have the seed.
Yesterday I planted 22 acres of hay for the dairy next door. I planted Maximo intermediate ryegrass. It is supposed to be a really fast growing high sugar type ryegrass. I also mixed in a similar type of Annual Ryegrass with the idea that something will grow...
The field didn't turn out quite as smooth as I wished.
We have poop to haul from the dairy, a pile of dirt to move, the rough spot in the corn field needs to be worked down, I need to get the neighbor to actually get his antique AC hooked up to plow his field for my other five acre test plot of flax,
I called my brother's little helper to see if he was still sick. He is coming to work this morning he said.
He came to work Monday but I was out of cell phone service and my brother was going after seed. He had coffee time, filled his car with gas and went home, he didn't know what to do...
It would be funny if it were not so tragic. Fifteen years on the job and he doesn't know what to do on a random fall day. Other than take a crap and fill his car with gas...
Jose' used to clean up, put tools away, wash equipment, grease stuff, anything to stay busy. But then again, Jose didn't weigh 375lbs and when he went past 200 he decided to go on a diet.
Francisco rebuilt the heads on a 1948 UTS by looking at the exploded parts diagram. He did it in an open sided shed with no heat.
But, I digress...
We have our usual screw up. Rain on the way and the helper has been "ill" for a week.
It just makes me tired.

6 comments:

  1. There will be Sunnier days ahead maybe in December....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. record low temperatures forecasted. buy orange futures...

      Delete
  2. Praying for your ability to get all that needs to be done, done...Regardless of what 'help' you may or may not have. And, here's to hoping the weather holds out in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can identify with that situation somewhat. A small window of opportunity to get the job done but too much work to possibly fit into it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!