The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oh boy! Another Fake Crisis!

The Republicans actually did it. They didn't back down for once. Of course it is probably all meaningless.
It is a happy day when IRS audits, and the EPA enforcement office are reportedly shut down. I read it is up to the executive branch to determine what things are shut down so I'm sure they will try to make it hurt.
So what if the USDA is shut down. Does this mean no raids on Amish farmers?
National Parks? I have to work anyway.
On the news they have a newslady live from the federal building in Portland. That is a spectacularly boring shot. She is standing in the rain and the dark in front of the federal building. Real dramatic....
Now if the shut down would just last for a while, like a couple years....
have a nice day...

Update, just saw a clip with the prez ranting about the government shut down by one branch which are a bunch of poopie butts (paraphrased a little) And yes that is how it is supposed to work.
Of course it is all just legislative theatre. The Affordable Healthcare act is a huge windfall for bigger government and they are all in favor of it.
Few people are raising the question, "why do I have to have health insurance?"
This idea that because the gubment declares a victory means that it is a victory is the basically fallacy. Making it a law that everyone must have heath insurance and everyone must be covered doesn't really solve the healthcare issues.
If you don't want to be insured and you want to depend on the kindness of strangers, why not? It is your life and your decision, just like if you want to have an abortion or you are old and want to kill yourself...
Whatever, I'm just preaching to the choir...

4 comments:

  1. I was surprised to read that this actually happened before, back in the 1990s. Since I don't recall it I guess it was not a life altering event. They do say that when the U.S. sneezes, Canada catches a cold though. Meanwhile, back in the real world, it is drizzling rain and I am not finished harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The government shuts down? This is a bad thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading many comments on news stories about the shutdown it seems many people are quite upset. I have not met any of these people yet. I'm sure one of the party faithful will show up today. Especially if he put off getting his passport till the last minute.
    Most people I see on a regular basis are quite happy to see it shut down even though it could have a negative effect on us.
    I mean Gosh! Not having the Pandacam on at the national zoo is really painful.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!