The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

High Speed Internet! Oh Boy!

The onlinemac guy came out and upgraded our internet today. We are in a canyon between barns and trees and have a problem getting on the wireless tower that DOESN'T have 50,000 subscribers.
I had a lot to do this morning but I figured that since I forgot the Battle of Balaclava I should at least  get fast internet for so my wife can watch TV on her iPhone.
So I'm spending my precious moments when I should be eating lunch watching the Roosty6 channel on YouTube!
Old Roosty is kind of a hot rodder! Never been able to watch him before.
Click Here to view http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRamjdv5OsM

8 comments:

  1. The Skatalites (los padres del ska tradicional)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You really look at this page in depth don't you? (Uno mas cervesa por for vor)

      Delete
  2. Hmmmmm? Not quite the Roosty6 I am familiar with. We have relatively high speed out here in the country but the volume is limited to 10 gb per month. Otherwise there will be a surcharge on the regular $90 monthly bill. Outrageous I know but I look on it as the price of living in peace out in the sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old Roosty6 would drive for five seconds and then stop for 60 seconds and zip off again for another ten seconds. The new Roosty6 it "hang it to Huston and Hammer Down!"

      Delete
  3. We've good internet here although we live in the "sticks" Although I think it's to do with a local politian living close by and he's been campaging for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wireless internet which was a scheme by a local businessman who started an internet access company. This was before anyone had DSL in this area. Some people have DSL depending on your location. See Muddy Valley comment below...

      Delete
  4. I have a retired judge living across the valley from me. Probably the reason they extended the dsl out this far. It doesn't work that well, but at least it works. I can't even get a cell phone signal here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I though that was where the wierd old Hippie lived?

      Delete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!