The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day to me...

I attended a wedding. Not that bad a wedding. It was my wife's nephew. I am sure he will be an exception to the law of averages and will live in happy wedded bliss forever!
After the wedding I picked up bales.
I was not really happy about picking up the bales.
I do not work on Sunday.
This is not because I am holier than anyone else. It is because I fully intend to go to church and because I need the mental and physical rest. I must unwind, sing a couple hymns, listen to a few records, annoy my daughter, and not farm.
However, my neighbor baled 2100 bales yesterday and it is going to rain tomorrow and his helper who was going to run our stacker did not show up again. What do you do? The guy can't lose his hay crop so after I got home from the wedding I went and stacked.
Last night between 10 p.m. and 1:30 a.m. I picked up 13 blocks of 56 bales. Tonight between 9 p.m. and 12 midnight I picked up 14 blocks.  There should have been 37.5 total blocks so 13 + 14 = 27 so I left 10.5 blocks in the field. I suppose that makes me somewhat of a failure. I should have stacked them but they are on a rather steep side hill and my back hurt, my shoulder hurt, I was grumpy, and I just did not have the energy to do it.
So I went home.
My wife did get me a very nice gear wrench set so it was not a total loss. I was going to take my father a pie but I didn't see anyone home.

6 comments:

  1. Better luck next year, but bless you for helping your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can always hope, however,the year ain't over yet.

      Delete
    2. Right! Don't give up on this year. It's raining everywhere but here I see & the chance falls off by noon. With a little luck......
      I will do my sun dance!

      Delete
  2. Right or wrong, I feel that I have to work seven days a week just to keep up. This year I feel like I need an eighth day added to the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If a farmer worked eight days, he would find he needed nine.

    There seems to be a correlation to work causing more work. Nothing goes wrong on a day I'm not trying to accomplish anything. Maybe Mirandy will bake a pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I only try to work seven days a week and rarely ever succeed. Rainy days bring my work to a standstill so I feel the need to catch up on that lost time when the weather is right again. The real lazy farmer would just look at me and shake his head as he sat in his rocking chair.

      Delete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!