The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Wasting time

Today I took a nap for most of the afternoon. It makes me feel old. I fixed lunch for my wife and I and after she went back to work I did my exercises as per the recommendations of the NIH. (mostly)

I sat back down in my chair and the next thing I knew it was four in the afternoon. I had plans. I was going to take the gator for a drive. I was going to take a couple old lamps apart for my wife.  I was going to finish my books for the end of the year. I was going to do a quick blog.

I swear I am aging every day. Or perhaps I am just reminded of the passage of time.

Tomorrow it is going to rain so I wasted my one day to go outside.

What if I start to enjoy being lazy?

2 comments:

  1. It appears that incapacitation adds a year to your age for every week. Between a back injury and COVID somewhere in the DEC/JAN era I added about 7-8 years to my age. The upside of that is that I don't have to worry so much about running out of money. Take it a day at a time. Recovery from big stuff is like three steps forward and one or two back with some days a disaster. The other good side is that now you know the exercises, the drugs and the recovery process when your real hips need to be replaced with stainless steel ones.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!