The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Perhaps a mile was too far

Yesterday I put in another mile. I also picked up cans. I feel old.

We have sun today. It is almost 60 degrees here. I skipped my walk.

Instead I took my wife lunch. Lunch was Tacos from Tacos Burros in town. The family that owns it works hard. The daughter is attended the University which I no longer work for. I tried several times to get someone from the University to stop for lunch there or to write a story about them or somehow acknowledge them. 

Tacos Burros is a classic hard work story. The owner is doing his best to get his daughters a college education in oder to raise their social status. The University pretends to care but no one will actually go talk to them or feature them in one of the propaganda publications because no one at the Uni actually does give a rats arse about hard working first generation college students aside from the theoretical. The practicality of engaging in anyone outside the wine business is quite a bore.

But, I digress...

I bought tacos and the wife and I went to the park for lunch. We took a walk around the park and by walk, I mean I hobbled along with my cane.

Yesterday I did a full mile and probably a quarter of it I managed without even the cane. Today I am paying for it.

I looked at a couple fields. Don't think I will be spreading fertilizer tomorrow...

The small Timothy Field looks better than I had expected. Still a bit of a lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!