The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Where can I find a Bob Rumson for president shirt?

My family likes to watch things like "The American President," and "The West Wing." Sometimes I find it painful to watch them.
It is kind of funny to hear a Mini-14 or an SKS referred to as an assault weapon. Especially in the context of Eric Holder selling AK-47's and M-16's to Mexican drug lords.
I especially like the irony of the President really and actually being in bed with a lobbyist.
Kind of funny.
I always need to be reminded of how much Hollywood and the rest of the clever folks hate people like myself and most of those who follow the Lazy Farmer.

Although... I would gladly take Andrew Shepherd or Jed Bartlet for president over the one we have now.

3 comments:

  1. The media think they're the only ones bright enough to understand anything. Sadly, there's not much that THEY understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked "The American President". Never did get into the West Wing though. I could be easily fooled re: assault weapons though since we are a little "firearm challenged" up here in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorges, it is all about the money any their strange emotional problems. Look how the Hollywood types turned on their own during the "Red Scare," Or how they refused to accept black people and blamed the public for racism.

    Ralph, After looking up the Mini I see that the crazy people have been buying them as they can't afford AR-15's. The SKS is the Chinese semi-auto with a 10-round box magazine you filled with bullets affixed to a stripper clip. They came into the US in huge volumes and were sold at gun shows for under $100. They usually had a pretty long barrel and came with a bayonet. THey scared the poopie out of the shrill folks. I imagine there are thousands of them stashed in attics all over the country waiting for the end of the world.
    I liked the Mini-14 as it was a regular wood stocked rifle. Kind of looks like a M-1 carbine, modeled after the M-14. They sell with a five round magazine. (You can buy 20 rounders but they tend to jam.) They don't look scary. It is a great gun for shooting tin cans and coyotes and nutria at fairly close range. I found it to be the sort of gun you could throw up to your shoulder and hit what you point at. But, when I try to do super accurate shooting I can't smaller than a 12" pattern. No matter what the range...
    Great gun to carry in the pickup.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!