The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The usual...

I need to get my acres perfect when planting as I have the exact amount of seed. Sometimes it doesn't matter but the next two planting jobs are a little touchy. The farmers just leave me with a truck load of seed and a truckload of fertilizer and go away. Sometimes they go on vacation, sometimes they do other jobs, but they are gone.
Once I didn't have my monitor turned on and left a couple of the seed gates open. (you can open them to clean out the drill) When I turned the monitor on the high seed rate alarms started going off. I looked in the box and was almost empty. I planted 400lbs to the acre of wheat. I just went about bought more and never told the farmer. He was gone anyway. He got over 200 bushel per acre and had the college out to do test plots. I think that was the first year he used humic acid. I think he attributed his yields to the humic.
He was giving me a little bit of a hard time about over planting. Instead of 130lbs of wheat per acre I planted 145lbs. The other day he called me over to look at his drill. It was half full and should have been empty. So, that was like an 70lb per acre mistake. Of course he doesn't have a monitor...
But, I digress.
I have a little magnet switch that turns the acre counter off and puts the Fertilizer controller on hold when the drill is raised. However, I lost one of the little stop collars off the hydraulic lift cylinder and it travel too far. This completely wiped out my little magnet sensors. Of course since I made the setup myself there is not dealer to call.
Anyway, I'm off to plant. I guess I can handle flipping a toggle switch on and off.
In other news, I sold my three shares of Apple stock. As much as Steve Jobs annoyed me at times, he was Apple. Now he is no more...

1 comment:

  1. Gorges, it is always the same. I don't even give my wife specifics anymore. I say, "problems, something broke, I did something wrong, someone didn't pay me, weather related issues..." Same with Ralph and Frank.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!