The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Riddle me this...

Not to bury my attack on Lars....
I have a question. I suppose it is pretty much hypothetical but...
I was away from home planting all day yesterday.
It was raining.
My helper quit early. I think he worked on his car. He did give me a ride to get my pickup. He didn't want to work late. It was wet and unpleasant.
OK, fine... No problem...
So...
Today it looks like the sun will be out. However, it is still cold and wet. There is mud everywhere. We can't chop silage for an hour or so, in my humble opinion.
Why did he get here at 7:15 a.m.? He is out at the store drinking coffee with the Uncle. And he keeps texting me. I'm not feeling so well this morning. My family had a bit of a bug, picked up from school.
I worked in the dark and rain last night, I often work at 7:30 a.m.
Why can't you figure out that if there are 2" deep puddles in your parking lot, the fog is so thick you can't see five feet in front of you and...as you said... you serviced everything yesterday.... that your boss may not want to come out of his house right on the dot of 7:30 a.m.?
Am I not the Lazy Farmer?
AND, the second issue... If you arrive at work a half hour early could you not look at the white board that has lists of unfinished jobs dating back 2 years and just pick something and do it? What about putting tools away? Picking up trash? Washing the windows on the silage trucks, putting diesel in the transfer tanks in the pickups, any number of things but texting me five times.

3 comments:

  1. Well google is a thwarting my best efforts to comment again. I had a great witty and insightful comment all typed up to post here but it disappeared into cyberspace. Oh well, maybe it wasn't so great after all. Hope the rain stops for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph, I've had that happen to me as well. The rain stopped and now I need to plant for the neighbors as well as chop silage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can only guess who clicked the offensive block. Wish I could come and go from my job as I liked. But there is a reason it is called work.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!