The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, October 9, 2011

How do you play Mary Anne by Marshall Crenshaw?

I have been trying to figure out the chords to "Mary Anne," by Marshall Crenshaw. I can't play guitar but my daughter can. She is destined to hate the music I like but I've been trying to get her at least enthused.

I thought it would be an easy D, A, G, then G, A, D.
It didn't sound right so I looked it up. They say C, G, Dm but use barre chords. I'm not sure how you even spell "barre." I can do a couple but I do them wrong...
She want's to play poptropica. Durned kids...
Perhaps I'll go out to the barn and try "tapping the admiral."
I like Marshall Crenshaw...
Man does he look old...
I think he play Buddy Holly in the Buddy Holly story movie.

2 comments:

  1. I would rather hear Waylon sing the song WRONG. It really speaks to this point in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, oh heck, you knew you were screwing up when you did it. Good times do not mean bad times ahead, neither one will last for ever. Good times are good times and bad times are bad, there is no connection other than what you make. So you screwed up. It was a good education. Build on it and make the best of what you have.
    Waylon is just feeling sorry for himself.
    If you leave your finger in the light socket eventually someone will turn it on.
    I prefer "Them old Love Songs," as it is about wanting or yearning which can be a positive thing and "Wrong" seems kind of defeatist. So where are you buying a farm?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!