The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Saturday, October 29, 2011

In honor of the Charge of the Light Brigade

It is once again time for my wife and I to celebrate the insane charge of the British Light Cavalry against the Russians at Balaclava.
Perhaps tonight we will wear sweaters...
Sometimes we call this event our anniversary...
It was actually Tuesday but I have a lot of planting to do and I declared a postponement of the dinner until tonight. I mean to go away for the weekend but I don't think that will happen.
Monday evening after finishing a field at 10 p.m. I drove into town to the all night supermarket to buy some roses. Roses are hard to hide. What do I do with them? Put them in the toolbox behind the cab of my pickup? They could cook next to the George Dickel I keep for medical emergencies.
So... I drove into town.
This would not have been that big a deal except it was the night it frosted and it was 34 degrees. That also would not have been a big deal except for the fact that when I went to roll up my window it fell off the track and landed in the bottom of the door.
That would not have been a big deal except for the fact that I did not have a coat as it had been a warm day.
But, I continued onward.
"Half a league, Half a league onward!"
And such seems to be the struggle of life.

I give you the whole poem...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!