The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sweet Corn

I helped a friend pick sweet corn today. It was pouring down rain at 4:30 a.m. For some reason the cannery never tells you to start picking your field at 10 a.m. It is always at 10 p.m. or 3:30 a.m.  I think they like to work in the dark.
We picked 30 acres. It was too wet to run trucks in the field so they had to use large dump boxes. I pulled on with my 4wd White.
It is sort of interesting but I am grumpy due to my unsupervised helper's excessive use of a cutting torch on the corn chopper header in my absence.
Good Night...
Thanks for the link from Zeta Wolf who should allow comments. I suppose it is a bit of a different world...Kind of like the following cartoon. (wish I could afford it on 16mm)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, different world alright. Picking corn in the rain at 4:30 am. Here we don't harvest or pick anything in the rain. Great cartoon. One of my old favourites, St. James Infirmary Blues. And that Betty Boop is "smokin"!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!