The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, September 16, 2011

So I attempted to rake and bale alfalfa by myself. I tried several options. First I raked 100 feet and then I walked back to the baler and baled up to the rake. This was not very efficient.

Next I raked three rounds and then baled three rounds. Not that much more efficient.
I thought about calling Muddyvalley but figured he was probably driving his Tote Goat or old Coot and didn't want to be bothered.
Finally, I called my wife to see if the daughter wanted to rake. Daughter was involved in some serious adventure with the cousins and dispatched my wife to rake. It all went well and I actually got it baled. It is very nice and green. The moisture was 14 percent at 4:30 p.m. It has gone up to 18 percent in the bale but I think it will be fine.
It is baled and stacked and in the barn.
I am happy.

4 comments:

  1. And where was Bi**ie the helper? I was busy, but I would have come over & raked or baled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, Budde, you got something done and nothing broke? Sing Ho for the life of the Lazy Farmer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muddy, he was baling wheat straw a couple miles down the road.

    Collieguy, if was all balanced out by many screw-ups the next day...

    Gorges and Bobby, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!