The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

If you had a choice between being an irresponsible arse and work what would you do?

I made that choice today...
I will say that I need to have a less recognizable tractor. Something green or red and not silver.
It was not a good day to move wide farm equipment down the road. There were lots of people who have apparently never seen a tractor before and don't realize that they would be much less likely to get hit if they moved to the far side of their lane.
Plus, it was garbage day and I had to dodge garbage cans and mailboxes for ten miles. Anyway, I was coming down the A---- Hill and I met a truck. I had plenty of room and he got over for me but I cut the throttle, put in the clutch, and pulled over on the shoulder. The motor died when I applied the brakes. I then had no steering and no brakes and there was a mailbox in the way. Actually, five mailboxes in the way. My reactions are not exactly razor sharp so in the two seconds or three  five seconds it took me to figure out that all I had to do was let the clutch out again and the engine would start I may have bumped the mail boxes just a little.
I should have stopped and at least apologized. It was the right thing to do. It was the farmer thing to do. Then I thought about having to talk to someone or attempting to pull them back up while blocking the road and I said screw it. I backed up and I came home. I am glad there was not a mailbox hung up on the tractor font end weights. That would have been a dead give away.
So for those of you who care, yes I'm a jerk... Don't buy chicken feed from me or wave at me any more. Whatever...

2 comments:

  1. As for the question in the title, I'd chose to be an irresponsible arse. I tried work and it didn't agree with me much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorges, But I suspect you would have done the right thing and fixed the mail box...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!