The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Yesterday's post will return once I move my straw stack...

Had an interesting discussion with one of the principles in the aforementioned post. He is a sensitive boy. People just judge him without ever introducing themselves or giving him any sort of benefit of the doubt. He says he is true to his word. He says he has feelings.
It is completely amazing to deal with a modern kid. They come out of the public school system with the knowledge that no one can touch them. There are not rules which apply because all you have to do is say what it takes turn the other person into the aggressor and then you get a lawyer. Absolutely amazing.
I am angry with myself for not recognizing the type and being friendly and shaking his hand and turning the situation to the point where I was the innocent bystander caught in the middle and don't we all just want to get along...
The problem is that I have 10 blocks of bales in the middle of a field that is going to be farmed. I told my friend to get a lawyer.
Keys to renting ground in the 21st century.

1. Smile and be friendly and get a lawyer.
2. Written agreements
3. Kiss your landlord's arse on a regular basis. (speaking of which, Muddy valley roasts the best coffee I have ever tasted and he is a fine fellow. Quite handsome also says the cute neighbor girl. Plus, he is an incredible conversationalist and just a downright nice human being)
4. Just borrow the money and do it right.
5. Form an LLC

And now I am going to stack for a fellow who has extorted $450 an acre rent out of this very same guy. Now that would be the best revenge.

5 comments:

  1. $450.00 an acre. How can he make any money with rent like that? Is it possible?
    $450./acre hmmmmmmm. It's a good thing you have such excellent taste in friends and coffee. And what was that again about the cute neighbor girl (whom I have heard rumors of but not yet seen)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $450 an acre?!. Good grief, I have sold land for less than that. Plus there is no crop I know of that can possibly show a profit at that rental rate. I see I have nothing to complain about here other than the weather but that is a long enough story for another blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the Ledge do mediation? Nobody'd have to wear a suit, or even change their socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Great Ledge. We miss you. Please come back.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!