The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, January 12, 2024

Invalid vs Invalid vs healthcare.gub

Those loyal readers who have nothing to do on a winter day but look at Tractorhouse online may recall my misadventure with my knee.

I am not about to crawl up ladders but I can now get around. I am using the cold vs hot theory. I apply an icepack and when my knee goes numb from cold I apply heat. This method may or may not speed healing but it makes me feel like I am doing something.

I am also using liberal doses of Hemp Tonic. I have gallons of the stuff. 

The first day I an elixir of CBD crude dissolved in Everclear, For those of you who live abroad or happen to be strict Baptists, This is a cheap 180 proof grain alcohol. I used Everclear because I didn't want some bozo to attempt a shot of Hemp juice and then die from drinking rubbing alcohol. Although, one taste of my Elixir of hemp buds, (Budd's dank Buds dissolved in booze, BDBDB) would certainly put one off the sauce for a month!



The point of using alcohol is that the alcohol evaporates leaving the CBD on your skin. You don't wash that area for a couple days, repeating the application, and it is supposed to relieve joint pain. I got this recipe from the "Latinx" folks at work who happen to all come from Mexico. There are many uses for "The Devils Lettuce," when you have a lot of it sitting around, left over from the local export business.

I have also tried the CBD crude dissolved in Coconut oil. This is rubbed into the skin and works well with heat. Although it turns your wife's heating pad green if care is not used. The Coconut oil mixture can be taken internally. The recommended dose according to my advisor was two drops under your tongue. Most people I know dump a whole dropper full in a cup of coffee. It is an anti-inflammatory and might protect against COVID. (During COVID we consumed a lot of it at work and no one got COVID so I say it was a success!)

I have been attempting to get insurance though the Oregon Health Plan. My former employer is supposedly sending me paperwork telling me how to continue my health coverage through COBRA. But who knows, maybe the entire HR department quit again. It has been known to happen.

Somehow I got a scam website that looked exactly like the correct website, you know like healthcare.gub.indiansweatshop, instead of a healthcare.gov. Easy mistake... Maybe I should not have been testing hemp products and using a computer, who would have thunk?

Now I am bombarded with insurance provider calls so I just don't answer my phone. 

I did try my local insurance agent, "why yes you are still in our system, my! my! It has been 20 years! She got my hooked up with healthcare.gov and now I have to compare plans and it is all very confusing. It is enough to drive one back to the vial of hemp Elixir, Almost... 

But now my icepack is warm and my coffee is cold and so I shall stagger out the door and attempt to work. It is very important to have goals!

Addendum: I am sad to see that after wasting hours of precious university time wading though posts about No-Till planting, White tractors, and feed grinding, in a determined attempt to see which grounder was making fun of them, no one there seems to be still reading my blog. Perhaps they learned all they needed to about out dated music and grumpy old white guy stuff.  Lots of hits from Canada though! (I actually had to laugh at the efforts to find me. Grounds staff consists of three to eight people, two were white males, one was very definitely not on a mower in the baseball field. Still, it took effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!