The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, June 16, 2013

What I wanted to do for father's day but didn't think about till yesterday

Wenatchee River Bluegrass Festival

I didn't think about it until yesterday when I was listening to the KBOO Country Western music show and they gave the community calendar.
But, I seriously overslept this morning.
This was planned by my wife. My Father's Day request was to be, "left alone for once..." but it was spoken during a moment of frustration when people were pestering me on a Sunday afternoon to take care of their hay.
My daughter brought me breakfast in bed at 10 a.m.
She was told to let me sleep.
My wife and her sister went to see their father.
Daughter and I missed church.
My brother went to church.
My dad doesn't realize it is father's day. He is not sure where he is or what day it is but he knows where his office is and where the bathroom is located. (most of the time)
The daughter and I are packing a lunch and going exploring down at the river.
I'm having trouble waking up.
My daughter is quite happy. Her cousin from Gresham came to visit her yesterday. They played games and talked girl stuff.
I overheard them when I was getting ready to go stack bales. I think it is a bit of a trial for my daughter to be surrounded by boy cousins.
And now I am going to go do something. Pack a lunch, get my fishing pole, or build a potatoe cannon.

3 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful day to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretend like you are on the Orthodox Calendar. They celebrate Christmas and Easter on different days, why not Father's Day. Whatever the day it sounds like you are blessed.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!