The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, April 20, 2012

I hate my Samsung Convoy II

I got a new phone. I chose this phone because it is very simple and has few features and because I had the Convoy I.
But here is the deal. Everything electronic is designed by people with no experience in life. I hate to say idiot as they are probably very smart people. But, they never use anything they design and there is no testing done and the companies are so huge that it doesn't even matter that I hate the phone. In fact, the very concept that I may hate my phone is a marketing advantage because that means I will smash it with a sledgehammer and buy a new one...
Here is the problem. The Convoy I was almost my perfect phone. Fairly rugged, few features to drive you crazy, you could get Accu-weather.
The Convoy II looks like a better phone. It is faster, has a better camera, has a better USB interface for getting photos off the phone, better bluetooth, and doesn't have that idiotic music control on the front panel.
However, I can't get accuweather, and it is complicated to navigate. My phone is not my hobby. I want to operate it with one hand WHILE DRIVING. (I don't give a rat's arse if that is illegal) well, most of the time I am driving a tractor.
It is like learning a new phone system and I am really, really, annoyed. I swear I will not break another phone though anger management problems.
I will now start counting, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, deep breaths, calming thoughts, Heck, I don't need the weather anyhow. I can look out the window and see the rain...
Every day in every way I am getting better and better...
I don't have tourette syndrome I am just angry...

5 comments:

  1. A farmer's phone without the weather app like all the cool kids have is like having a tractor without a 3 point hitch. It will work but its value is limited.

    Personally, I share your pain about a new phone as I fear what I will have to do when my Blackberry dies. I will NOT use a 'locked' phone and all the Droids I've seen were 'locked'....

    All The Best,
    Frank W. James

    ReplyDelete
  2. From daringfireballdotcom...

    Default Email Signature for New Samsung Phone...
    This is a joke, right? Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank, I compulsively check the phone weather every five minutes or so during hay season, or corn planting, or when it is raining, or, or, well-lets just say i use it a lot. Phones are a love hate. Sometimes a lot more hate. Like when I get the cell phone bill or when it rings all day long. If I didn't have a custom hire/feed/hay business I think I'd try going without.

    Collieguy, I don't even attempt to send email by phone, or do any internet by phone. Nor do I listen to Eddy Peabody banjo music on the phone. I send simple texts, I compulsively check the weather, and I talk.
    What I do like about the new phone is the "fake" call feature. I'm going to check that out. I think it could be an escape plan from the long winded folks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Liked the Convoy 1 but absolutely hate the Convoy 2. It's 5 am here in the year 2014 and I am about to through this phone into the middle of the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your pain.
      You have to throw them really hard as they are somewhat rugged.

      Delete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!