The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, April 20, 2012

I hate change

I have several interesting things to post about. Like the forklift I bought or spreading fertilizer, really captivating stories that build readership but...
Blogger has changed things again and I just wish they would leave things alone.
I am beginning to really dislike Apple Computers.
My wife has an iPad. I is not new as we generally don't buy such things new. She bought it because we have always owned Apple products.
Apple products have always been high quality (with a few exceptions) but never the pain and suffering I've experienced with the PC. The random failures, no chooser, hard drive failures that lose all your data, and inability to print.
But now she has an iPad.
You can't print with it!
Ok, you know you don't have a keyboard so the annoying interface is a given. I thought it would be much better as I've used tablet PC's for GPS and I just figured Apple would come out with a polished and well thought out interface.
I was wrong...
What I find amazing is that reviewers praised "a device" that will not print.
Which brings us to the other problem. Apple calls it a "device." Not a computer. So you have to have an other computer to update your device. So much for mobility.
But yet their stock price soars.
And I am eating my hat...
The next revolutionary thing would be that John Deere would lower their parts prices and put an emphasis on smaller stores and personal customer service and I'd switch brands.
Of course you know why that would never happen.
Change is NEVER for the better.
The first concept, thought up by clever and innovative people, is the best idea. Then the corporate types ruin.
Thus, Apple will become more and more PC like. John Deere will never do something like lower parts prices.
De-Evolution is the natural order of life...

6 comments:

  1. I've been PC since day one, not because they are the best , but it was all I knew. And since I also hate change I have stuck with microsoft products despite all the frustrations involved. I have solved the printer problems by simply not printing anything. The incredible rip off prices of ink cartridges that dry up if I don't use them was just too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ralph, Macs used to be very easy to network and print with. After dealing with frustrations in printing field maps from my GPS tablet computer running FarmerGPS I downloaded the Apple software to the tablet and suddenly it all worked. On the PC, but NOT my wife's iPad!
      It is insane!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. What happened to my very clever pun I posted on your Curiosity post. Curious Gorges? Oh my, I thought I was really funny!

      Delete
  3. I still miss my Commodore 128.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. G706-What do you mean? You still have your Commodore portable? You could plug it in!

      Delete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!