The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, April 18, 2011

It is the electromagnetic rays zapping my head!

I am really going to start wearing tinfoil in my hat. I heard on a very respectable radio show that solar flares are zapping us with electromagnetic radiation and microwaves leading to all sorts of ailments including newscasters having migraines on the air.
I've been sick for a month and my symptoms exactly match the broad symptoms described by the talk show host. (pretty broad list of ailments-I admit)
Yesterday I attempted to play a game with my daughter that involved buying and selling and trading stuff and keeping track of things in your head. I could not do it. It was like fighting my way through mush. I would have to ask her to help me figure exchange rates. It was absolutely maddening.
There were these little charts that showed what your cards were worth and you had to have a certain number of different cards to buy a town or a settlement. It got so bad that I had to set the cards down on the chart in the EXACT order of the pictures on the chart in able to figure out the right combination of cards.
Finally we took a break and had a nerf machine gun battle with each other. That helped a bit, but not much.
Today I am back to attempting to buy grain and sell feed and I can't even think.
My ear has been popped for weeks and when ever I speak it sounds like I am shouting in my head. I've had two or three types of antibiotics including one the Dr. said was specifically to treat resistant infections.
I hope my wife is not reading this as she will want me to go back to the Dr. which costs money...
I think I am just way too uptight. I suspect that if I am able to go back to planting and pay a few bills I will feel much better.
Thanks muddyvalley for pointing out that I could farm forever on the price of one wasted cruisemissle. That really made me feel better!
That is my complaint for the week.
Have a nice day...

8 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but I feel better already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ground may actually be drying out unlike your ear. Might I suggest an ear bulb syringe (only a buck or two) and some warm H2O2. A good rinse will clear it up. If you want to get a little more high tech, pick up some KET flush at your local Vet or pet supply store. Works for me. I'm not a doctor, but I've played one. The problem with antibiotics is that they kill the good bacteria as well as the bad. Often the simplest solution is the best one. Like rinsing your feet in a little Clorox for foot fungi as opposed to using one of the many more expensive remedies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Central Oregon GrownApril 19, 2011 at 3:34 PM

    Okay, my son has the same ear plug, popping not problem, mushy thinking as you. Finally after trying all the home ideas, blowing smoke
    etc. we finally made a doctor appointment today. who said "outside ear is clean as a whistle, but there is alittle water in the ear canal and it just will need to dry up" "Nothing to do, no meds, just wait your time and you can plug your nose and blow off and on through out the day which will help some" Nice and that we be $145.00 please. To bad
    I didn't read the Blog early AM>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Central Oregon GrownApril 19, 2011 at 3:37 PM

    Sorry it should be "Nice and that will be $145.00 please." Must be shock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Central Oregon Grown said..."you can plug your nose and blow off and on through out the day which will help some"
    But not much, as the outer ear canal isn't connected to the nose! The tympanic membrane is in the way.
    H2O2 or Hydrogen peroxide, is far from a home remedy, will sterilize & help remove the water & clean the ear up. Plus, it's pretty near harmless. No charge!
    Aluminum hats are always a good idea. Especially if you live near McMinnville!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We use the chrome plated colanders, down here. The little holes allow radio signals to keep coming to your fillings. And they keep out the other voices.
    As for the ear problem. Peroxide is the best, IMO.
    Been there, done that. Didn't get the tee shirt.
    Hope you get feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colanders are a much better idea. If mine wasn't stuck on the Spanish channel! How do you change stations? Is that why people grow beards, as a substitute for the cat whisker?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Showing your age now. I had an old crystal radio that used a cats whisker. They don't make them like they used to.
    While I was in the service, I was stuck on PBS.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!