The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

If you don't complain nothing happens, I get a new grease gun!

Being sick and uncomfortable brings out the grumpy farmer in me. At one point I attempted to grease something and discovered my Plews-Edelmann grease gun had failed one again.
I think I may have posted about it.
Anyway I wrote a letter to the company and complained. I got a very nice letter back from the Sr. Product Manager of Plews-Edelmann and recently, a new grease gun arrived.
They even thanked me for giving them "feedback."
I did not use bad language so perhaps they were just grateful for that.
It seems to work quite well. I greased the 54 grease fittings on the drill yesterday and was quite happy.
I even planted close to 30 acres before I got rained out.
Here is a photo of my new grease gun. 18volts gives you a lot of power. I am somewhat skeptical about the power supply. They told me they did not want my old grease gun back. I tried the old batteries in my new gun and they did not work. I had tested them before and they read 18v with a voltmeter. I wonder if they have failed and this is just a "surface charge" as they say.
Perhaps I will experiment further.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see there are still companies that stand behind their products.
    I've had Simpson (voltmeters) send me resistors and an owners manual free of charge, and Zippo (lighters) is also one with outstanding customer service.
    Nice looking gun. And to think, people used to do all the fittings by hand at one time. I think we're getting spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby, I was pretty happy to get the new grease gun. However, it is still made in China and we shall see if it is a piece of crap. I wonder if it really is cost effective to manufacture stuff overseas if it ruins your company reputation.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!