The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, February 25, 2011

I removed my craigslist ad

Craigslist is very annoying. Yesterday the Central Europeans who tried to get me to cut my price last weekend called. They want to get more grain (of course).
The vant to feeel zee bagge and vould I poot more off der beans in eet?
I have no idea what they are talking about.
They will pay $200 and they don't want me to change my mind.
I almost said I was out, but I need the $200.
I like hispanic people much better. They are usually happy and rural sorts of people and I can relate.
With these guys I keep wanting to say, "Ceauşescu bad man?!" (Sienfeld show where he dates the Romania ballerina)
I'm never going to make it in the retail world.

In other news, I see the reel to reel collection I turned down is now listed on craigslist. I could have got it all for $150. Wow! That would have been a pile on the living room floor...
Truthfully, I don't think it is worth more than $150 total. The reel to reels for all their packaging are not high enough quality to really be worth more $25-$50 each and they will need servicing after setting for years. The tape is worth at least $100, if you were looking for it. It you were selling it, I really don't know. A new power cord for the one reel to reel is $40.
I just didn't have the $$$ or space.
I may have borrowed a nice Akai but I have not made the contact in the past. Oh well...

2 comments:

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!