The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, October 1, 2015

A lunch break and a new job

Today is my second day as a groundskeeper at a local private college.
This may or may not have been a really wise career move.
I have developed a mantra, insurance, retirement free, tuition.
The main problem is that I'm in charge of a section. 
The fellow training me today said he didn't understand how there could be 30 applicants but none with Groundskeeping experience.
I was up against someone who said he was really qualified. But they didn't hire him.
I said, I know nothing and I never claimed to be qualified. 
Guy just laughed and shrugged.
After that we got along great.
We shall see what happens.
Of course after taking job I have had opportunities to make more money farming, or lose it, roll of the dice.

4 comments:

  1. yay! i cant wait to see what happens!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you were the only applicant with a greens card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The term "groundskeeper" just made me think of the Simpsons character, groundskeeper Willie. Hope it is a profitable sideline to farming. Be nice to have a regular pay cheque coming in I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!