The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, November 8, 2009

For want of a nail the shoe was lost...

For want of a shoe the horse was lost
For want of a rider the battle was lost
For want of a battle the kinddom was lost

The old proverb goes something like that...

This is what kept me from getting my last field done when it was dry. I broke a u-bolt holding on one of the drill opener arms. I thought I had ordered more but they were the wrong size. So, I welded it. It did hold and away I went.

But then it got dark and I got tired. I was looking at the orange glow of all the monitors and it felt like 10 p.m. It was really only seven, but I was tired and hungry and not that far from home and it was only a couple hours left. So I thought I could finish the next day.

Here is a close up of the GPS. It shows that I am pretty far off course in turning around. And it shows that I should be finished at 10 p.m. I should have kept going...



This is what I was planting into. Oats into knee high wheat stubble...


This is what it looked like two days later. The next day I was rained out. It was really really wet.

(not such a good photo, but you can see some of the standing water. Should have a photo of the muddy drill when I got done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!