The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Monday, November 16, 2009

Time to send out Bills!

I hate sending out bills. I like getting the money. I hate it when people don't pay and I have to call them. I'm about 85% sure I'm going to get stiffed for $6000. There is no way they can pay based on my view of their farming enterprise... And the fact that the crop will fail. I should have said no when I discovered they were not going to put chemical on after I worked the ground. I was already in $5,000 so what is the point in throwing good money after bad?
I need that money to make the stacker payment. Total custom stacking was 6,000 of the worst bales I've ever stacked. That would be something like $2000 total on a $7,200 payment. Too little too late is our farming motto...
Another fellow owes me $1,500 or so. We traded some work that I didn't need to trade for so I suppose I screwed on that as well. Have another bill where the customer disagrees with my acres. You know I don't make the acres up. I have three (3) acre counters on the drill. I don't think it really matters if I overlapped. The price is the price is the price. If it says it on the counter I planted it. If I used enough seed for an extra 10 acres and I have an extra 10 acres on my counter it doesn't mean I planted extra heavy. It means there were overlaps or the field was not what you think.
This particular field was an absolute pain in the butt. So rough I broke my seat armrest. I planted half in the dark in dust so thick you could not see past the front tyre. So, if I overlapped well then so what. I should have charged you extra for the damage to my tractor. What the #$%^ were you thinking disk ripping it three times anyway. That is not no-till. That is just screwin the pooch... Do you think I really enjoyed planting at 11 p.m. You realize I had to plant at 11 p.m. because your field was so rough I had to go at half my usual speed?
Whatever....
This is the time of year I want to sink into the couch... I need $12,000 for payments. I have $12,000 in the bank. But I also need money to live for a couple more months.
Those bastards that run this country can give trillions to their buddies they could give me $100,000 and I would bother no one...
Bitter much?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!