The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, February 27, 2022

A ramble about current events that makes little sense

I have been watching the Ukraine situation play out. 

I think it is interesting to watch the political sides try to adapt the events to their narrative. 

The Ukrainian government is obviously a corrupt gang that is playing Nato against Russia to make money. Ukraine became a player in world events. Most recently the Biden's made money off them, they were players in the Trump vs the Left events, the fake Russian probe, and so on.

But the West didn't really care when Putin invaded. Brandon egged the Russians on for months. Nato really wanted to just surrender when the Russian tanks rolled across the border.

Did the people of Ukraine who were willing to tell the Russians to Fuck off  even though the (Ukrainians) were as good as dead just change the whole story?

I personally am rooting for the man on the street with the AK and a bottle of gasoline. But yet I don't really know if that is just a propaganda myth.

I will say the conflict has been a major victory for embattled western governments who were facing major resistance on insane COVID rules and a general move towards a weird leftist new world reset. Now that major news sources can focus on propaganda productions from Ukraine the trucker protest can disappear from the news cycle.

I grew up during the Cold War. I went to college with Boat People. We had a college professor who was in the Hungarian Revolution. I read "1984," in context. I watched Max Headroom, Repoman, Blade Runner, Brazil. I listened to nihilistic punk music, outlaw country, (and George Jones) 

And then, it was over! The Wall went down, we had the internet where you could find anything and talk to anybody, we had low inflation and low national debt, and I suppose we knew it should end.

I was going to note that what I find amazing about the 21st century is how well it was predicted and I suppose also, what was missed in the predictions. (I never expected "1984," to be a textbook for the NWO, it was supposed to be cautionary.)

However, I think the most amazing thing is how philosophical movements define society and how we do not realize we are living our philosophic movement.  We cannot believe anything we read in the News so we believe what we want. 

I don't know if Ukraine is a stunt gone right or wrong. I choose to believe the individuals who love their country took control and upset the plan of those who know better than the rest of us.

That the individual citizens are making the difference in the same way each of us must resist every day.

Whatever, I am losing my chain of thought. Need more coffee, or do I need less coffee?

3 comments:

  1. 'Corrupt' exists in most governments. There's a lot of money, some from questionable sources that flows through PACs and supports the professional politicians. At the current time I can be very critical of both major parties but I have concluded that the conservative side (ref. CPAC speakers) have not agenda other than 'no democrats.' We need a balance of opinions and advocacy, dialogue, discussion and compromise; we've lost that. Far too many Americans are uneducated, unthinking and influenced by single source media. Recent surveys indicate vast numbers of people are Qanon believers...working from the basis that there is a deep state running the government and pursuing the deep state pedophiles...really...people believe that? The truck convoy is another good example. Look at the source of the funding. The truckers and their supporters are being played. While I believe that each person should 'resist' that includes resisting misinformation, not just what I interpret you to imply government and the more liberal-minded. 'Resist' and 'contribute' are synonymous in our obligation in a democracy. I agree that the guy/woman in the street with the AK symbolizes what our commitment should be. If the Ukraine was within driving distance I'd be there shooting Russians; I lived also during the cold war, distinctly remembering the 'nuclear attack' drills in elementary school where we would hide under the cafeteria tables. It's a big mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pirate Putin is pushing his limits with the rest of the world. Its true that today's problems can make us forget about yesterday's problems. At least for a little while. Have not heard much about the freedom convoy since the attack on Ukraine. When I was a kid all we had to worry about was the next ice age that scientists were warning us about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm chuckling over your comment about the Bidens making money from Ukraine. It's common knowledge, and the Trumps themselves flaunt it, that much of their financing and money came from Russia and/or the oligarchs who define dirty money. Putin's propaganda machine successfully encouraged Great Britain voters to support a totally illogical exit from the EU and that same propaganda machine almost re-elected Trump, who as anyone with a brain can see, is an abject idiot who does not even wish to be President. As ruthless as we may consider Putin you need to look at his core skillset...defined and developed by the KGB. Get people to do want you want with whatever means possible whether that be influence, fear, sex, drugs or just piles of money. How far do you think the billions of Russian money have penetrated into our government, the media, etc? How can Tucker Carlson and a former President legitimately describe Putin as a genius while ignoring the horrors incurred over running Ukraine? The truckers and everyone supporting them are being played (as you said) by dark money. Any coincidence on timing with the invasion? Duh! We agree on much. Republicans have nothing other than 'nothing Democratic' and do maintain their dark PAC funders. It's a mess.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!