The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Travis McGee has bad luck with the ladies

I had to got to Haslam s books, the biggest and oldest used bookstore in Florida to find a Travis McGee novel I hadn't read.
I put up with lecture from John d Macdonald on the environment and pop tops, unsustainable consumerism and listened to our first Arab president remind me of why I don't trust the gubment with guns (that was on TV Not in the book), and less than half way into the book I figured out that of course the hot chicken did it. I'm halfway in and I'm dead sure she is evil and I'm about to toss the book. MacDonald is just a stereotypical 1970's free thinker. Playboy magazine type misogynistic, ecology, the world is going to heck over consumerism dipshit.
Oh yeah, he has his props, the Busted Flush, Miss Agnes the Rolls Royse pickup, but he is full of crap. He lives off the vices of the sad ordinary sods like myself who make silly mistakes by stretching out of our pathetic existence. He and Meyer are elitist assholes.
Give me Phillip Marlowe any day of the week...

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to represent the local co-op! Woot woot!

    I'm guessing you're too afraid to come home with basically the whole state being occupied with crazy-eyed gun toting militia members?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it's a terrible threat when instead of rioting down town they occupy a public building in the middle of NOWHERE!

      Delete
    2. You know it's a terrible threat when instead of rioting down town they occupy a public building in the middle of NOWHERE!

      Delete
  3. the damned sheriff accused them of trying to topple the usa govt.!!
    what a numnall!
    hope no one believes it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!