The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Corn Silage

We started our corn silage yesterday morning. I should not be able to chop in second gear with a three row header.
I started at 8:30 a.m. and got the first load finished at 11:30 a.m. I adjusted the gathering chains wrong and the idler sprockets started coming off. Yes, I just became a mechanic yesterday....

Later, I found a huge block of wood.
With the header...
It was a little hard on things. It was a really nice chunk of wood. Pressure treated even.

6 comments:

  1. That probably warmed up the slip clutch a little. Looks like sabotage to me. No way the guy that planted that field would have left a block of wood that big out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shear pins and bent sheet metal and a twisted chain

      Delete
  2. You didn't get stuck & have to jack something up there, a while back? I found part of a fence in a fallen oak tree I was cutting for firewood yesterday. Kind of shut me down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got a truck stuck but pulled him out. I need to cut wood!

      Delete
  3. I've heard of farmers having collections of strange things they've found in their fields.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!