The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Observations on clueless people and never ending straw fields...

There was a time I though people hired me because I do good work. Now I realize that it is because I am the only one left who has a stacker.
I didn't mind the rough field I stacked for the neighbor girl. She was embarrassed it was swathed across the rough spots and thanked me repeatedly.
Around dark I went to stack for the other neighbor, long bales, and an odd stack pattern that would come apart when I hit the center-pivot ruts. Center-pivot ruts in tall wheat straw in the dark. I quit.
Then I got a call from the guy who is supposed to do my hauling but hasn't yet. He wants me to stack a steep hillside that I have actually refused to stack in the past.
I'm thinking about taking the money I was supposed to spend on baler twine and diesel fuel and buy a semi-truck. Do my own @#$%^& hauling.
Which brings me to a couple news stories.
This guy doesn't realize he is a moron. He thinks he is clever and ironic and doesn't realize only pretentious marooons make their own wallets out of duct-tape. The chick doesn't have a boyfriend, she just told him that after a one-night stand because he got all weird and clingy and would go home.
So he tapes a note on the underside of the toilet seat? Too funny.
This girl got fired for writing "truth" her job in her blog. She was a bit disillusioned because she thought TV news people actually did news reporting.
The funny thing is that she never figured out she was not hired for her reporting skills...
Who you think you are is not always who other people think you are...

10 comments:

  1. Old people don't bother me; it's bottle blondes that scare ME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girls who swear repeatedly scare me, but yet... strangely attract me... I do so need a therapist!!!

      Delete
  2. She wasn't hired for having a brain & she was fired because she went to the trouble to demonstrate that she didn't have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Cynical. I was hoping she wanted info from me as I have a secret crush on her.

      Delete
  3. *blink blink* um.. dont any of these people do anything all day long? who has time for that kind of stuff. i think they both need more chores. for heavens sakes. but again - i find the best news stories here. hey can you come and stack for me?
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do need some bales for me to pick up first. Also, a really steep hillside would be nice. Or mud.
      I just drive in circles all day so I guess i can't comment on other people, but yet I do...

      Delete
  4. you can probably see this without being signed in..... thought of you:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Farm-fuck-ups/522454457816173

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THere went an hour of my life and now no blog for this morning

      Delete
    2. you're welcome! and now no matter what, a least you dont have a deer antler stuck in your tire. always an upside, friend! :-)

      Delete
    3. Oh the joys of having ended my short adventure with Facebook.

      Delete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!