The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Thursday, August 9, 2012

What the inside of a baler looks like and my neighbor orders hookers from Portland and they get lost

I have been working. Sort of living in the stacker. Well, grinding feed in the morning and picking up straw somewhere in the foothill valleys of the coast range in the afternoon through evenings. Forty blocks of 56 bales per block per day on the average. The last day I achieved a 6 minute load average! Whoop! Whoop!
And I saw Muddy Valley drive by on highway 18 on his way home from the beach.
I took my daughter to Antique Powerland. Where we ate ice cream made by a steam powered ice cream maker and saw a tank. And we saw Orin.

I started to do a simple bearing repair on the baler and ended up with the plunger out (twice) and a week long project.

Here is what it looks like inside...
I ran into some farmers who were discussing events in the neighborhood. (Gossiping)
One of the neighbors was awakened the other evening by car lights shining shining in her bedroom window. She is not a shrinking violet sort of farmer lady. (She kind of reminds me of the farmer lady on Curious George.)
So she goes out to investigate. The car speeds off but she can see a girl inside talking on a cell phone. It pulls into the next driveway so the farmer lady gets in her pickup and goes to investigate. Once again, when she gets close the car speeds off.
It pulls into the next driveway, then speeds off.
So the lady decides to follow as it is pretty strange behavior.
Finally it drives down the long lane to the next farm and stops. The girl is still on the phone.
The farmer lady pulls up behind, raps on the window with her flashlight and demands to know what the "heck" is going on at this time of night.
Inside are two relatively "young" girls of Asian descent, dressed somewhat impractical for a farm visit. The were quite cheerful. They exclaimed they were from Portland and were here to find Mr. ---- ------.
Perhaps it was just a massage...
Much humor has been made from this event.
If only she would have got a business card...
I mean not for me, for my other neighbor. Perhaps they would do a massage at Muddy Valley? Or Junction City?

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Never thought of a delivery of Chinese food. Funny how people always jump to the worst conclusion. It is an hour and a half drive but for good Chinese food I think I would certainly pay extra! Wonder if it came with a "Happy Finish?"
      Oh, dear! There I go thinking bad thoughts again. I sure it was merely a very high quality fortune cookie!

      Delete
  2. Seems like with them moving so much, they had to be looking for a cup.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!